The best Obesity Help Organizations In USA
In this article you find the best obesity help organizations in USA which can help you to support your obesity and to give you advice.
American Society of Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery (ASMBS)
The American Society for Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery (ASMBS) is the largest national society for this specialty.
The vision of the Society is to improve public health and well being by lessening the burden of the disease of obesity and related diseases throughout the world.
Founded in 1983, foremost American surgeons have formed the society’s leadership and have established an excellent organization with educational and support programs for surgeons and integrated health professionals. The purpose of the society is to advance the art and science of metabolic and bariatric surgery by continually improving the quality and safety of care and treatment of people with obesity and related diseases by:
- Improving the care and treatment of people suffering from obesity.
- Advancing the science and understanding of metabolic and bariatric surgery.
- Fostering communication between health professionals on obesity and related conditions.
- Being the recognized authority and resource on metabolic and bariatric surgery.
- Advocating for the health care policy that ensures patient access to high quality prevention and treatment of obesity.
- Serving the educational and professional needs of our diverse membership.
For more information: https://asmbs.org
American Association of Clinical Endocrinologists (AACE)
The American Association of Clinical Endocrinologists is a professional community of physicians specializing in endocrinology, diabetes, and metabolism committed to enhancing the ability of its members to provide the highest quality of patient care.
The American Association of Clinical Endocrinologists is the organization focused on endocrinology, diabetes, and metabolism that is most:
- Recognized worldwide for its clinical leadership
- Valued by clinical endocrinologists and other healthcare professionals
- Trusted by patients
- Respected by healthcare decision-makers and the public
For more information: https://www.aace.com
The endocrine society (TES)
The Endocrine Society’s mission is to advance excellence in endocrinology and promote its essential and integrative role in scientific discovery, medical practice, and human health.
The 100-year-old Endocrine Society is the largest global membership organization representing professionals from the intriguing field of endocrinology.
Medical doctors, scientists, researchers, and educators comprise the majority of the Society’s membership.
For more information: https://www.endocrine.org
Obesity Action Coalition (OAC)
The Obesity Action Coalition (OAC) is a more than 54,000 member-strong 501(c)(3) National non-profit organization dedicated to giving a voice to the individual affected by the disease of obesity and helping individuals along their journey toward better health through education, advocacy and support. Our core focuses are to raise awareness and improve access to the prevention and treatment of obesity, provide evidence-based education on obesity and its treatments, fight to eliminate weight bias and discrimination, elevate the conversation of weight and its impact on health and offer a community of support for the individual affected.
For more information: http://www.obesityaction.org
Obesity Medicine Association (OMA)
OMA is the clinical leaders in obesity medicine who work to advance the prevention, treatment, and reversal of the disease of obesity. It strives to provide the best resources for our members in order to help them advance the field of obesity medicine, deliver evidence-based treatments, and improve the lives of patients affected by obesity. It offers unique, accredited educational opportunities and promote the sharing of information among their members to enrich the learning experience and supports advocacy efforts through their involvement in the Obesity Care Continuum and the American Medical Association House of Delegates.
For more information: https://obesitymedicine.org
The Obesity Society (TOS)
The Obesity Society is committed to improving the lives of those with obesity, nurturing careers of obesity scientists and practitioners and promoting the interdisciplinary nature of obesity research, management and education. In so doing, The Obesity Society, its members and staff pledge to uphold:
- Compassion: For the lives and situations of those living with obesity.
- Responsibility: For advocacy, treatment and investigation, all working toward a cure for obesity.
- Respect: For each other and all who are touched by obesity.
- Progress: For furthering knowledge about obesity using appropriate scientific standards.
- Mentorship: For helping, teaching and supporting our colleagues.
- Highest Ethical Standards: For all our actions, writings, programs, and services.
For more information: http://www.obesity.org
The Obesity Treatment Foundation (OTF)
The Obesity Treatment Foundation is a 501(c)(3) charitable organization developed to raise funds for clinical research about the treatment of obesity and increase awareness and understanding about the complexities of obesity.
Through a variety of programs and initiatives, they work to:
- Elevate awareness among health care professionals that obesity is a chronic disease warranting comprehensive medical management by qualified professionals
- Amplify the quantity and quality of clinician-driven, practice-based obesity treatment research
For more information: https://obesitymedicine.org/obesity-treatment-foundation
Strategies To Overcome and Prevent (STOP) Obesity Alliance
The Strategies to Overcome and Prevent (STOP) Obesity Alliance is a collaboration of consumer, provider, government, labor, business, health insurers and quality-of-care organizations united to drive innovative and practical strategies that combat obesity.
For more information: http://stopobesityalliance.org