The Complete Pectoral Muscles Workout Program
Priority of many bodybuilding practitioners, the pectorals are muscles that should not be developed excessively at the risk of deforming the bust. You should therefore work them as much as other muscle groups including the back.
Anatomy Of The Pectoral Muscles
The pectorals are formed by two muscles, the pectoralis major and the pectoralis minor.
– The pectoral major is the large fan-shaped muscle that is on the chest. It is inserted at the level of the clavicle, the sternum and the ribs, and ends on the humerus (external crest of the bicipital slide). It can be divided into two parts: the clavicular part (top of the pectorals) and the sternal part (medial and lower part of the pectorals). Its action is the adduction of the arm (movement which brings a limb closer to the axis of the body), the internal rotation of the shoulder and it drives the arm forward. It covers the small pectoral.
– The pectoral minor is hidden by the major, it is a small flat muscle, thin oblique that goes down. It is inserted on the coracoid of the scapula and ends on the ribs 3, 4 and 5. Its action, when the ribs are fixed, is to lower the stump of the shoulder and pull forward the scapula. When the scapula is fixed, it raises the rib cage (respiration).
Pectoral Workout Program
Exercise For Pectorals Included In A Full Body Program
You can include pectoral training in your full body session using basic exercises like the bench press or dips.
- Bench Press or Dips: 4 sets * 12 repetitions
Pectoral Module Added To A Split Program
8 sets with fixed weights and 1min30s rest between sets. Do not make more sets, it is generally the best way to slow down its progress.
- Parallel Bar Dip: 4 sets * 12 repetitions
- Incline Dumbbell Press: 4 sets * 12 repetitions
Gradually increase the lifted weights to prepare your chest for heavy work. To make his sets in pyramidal allows to work both the force and the hypertrophy of the muscles.
- Bench Press (4 sets): 1 * 15 * 50kg; 1 * 12 * 54kg; 1 * 10 * 58kg; 1 * 8 * 62kg
- Incline fly (4 sets): 1 * 12 * 12kg; 1 * 10 * 16kg; 1 * 8 * 18kg; 1 * 6 * 20kg
Session With Large Workout Volume (Not Recommended To Beginners)
- Warm-up: 2 light sets
- Bench press with barbell: 6 sets
- Incline Dumbbell Press: 6 sets
- Dips: 4 sets
- Incline fly: 4 sets
- Pull-over: 3 sets